Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Daniel Fast - Day 2

Today, was overal a very good day. I had no direction today as to what I was going to meditate on or pray for. I just kind of winged it all day. I am grateful that I was smart enough to plan for what my family was going to eat because it gave me more time to focus on meditating, rather than preparing food. .

The Fast

 Due to the weather, I had my children home from school. So I made veggie & grits (onions & green peppers w/ evoo), Veggie & Egg Whites (onions & greens) and veggie sausage, breakfast.  It didn't go over so well with the kids, however nothing ever does unless its "Panna-cakes".  I also made, a Vegan Vegetable Chili (Vegetable Broth, Almond Milk, Kidney Beans, Black Beans, Diced, Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce , Corn, Mushrooms, Artichokes, Green Peppers, Onions, Minced Garlic, Shallots, Cummin, Chili Powder, Jalapeno Peppers, Lime Juice, Lemon Pepper, Sweet Basil, Cilantro, and Parsley). It is soooooo good. It taste just like Wendy's Chili w/ a lil' more heat and tons of veggies. I made my kids Oatmeal Cookies w/  Chopped Apples in them. I made Pasta Salad w/ my own Avocado Italian Dressing (Avocado, Tomatoes, Onions, Shallots, Garlic, EVOO, Green Onions, Lemon and Lime Juice, blend it all  together).  Last I made  a Apple Berry Mint Smoothie/ Sorbet (Frozen Raspberries, Blackberries, 7 Chopped leaves of mint, Soy Strawberry Yogurt, Lime and Lemon Juice, Blend and drink or freeze till you get the consistency you want for ice cream).

The Encounter





Ephesians 3:16-19
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


 Today I set out to watch no TV and for the most part I didn't. I pretty much did homework, prayed, meditated, and cooked.  Today wasn't about me or my family. At 9am I prayed for Marriages of members at my church and some of my friends. I'm passionate about people seeing marriages working. It was only right that I fasted and prayed for the marriages that I know that are struggling. I was once there and its only by the Grace of God that I'm not there right now. Praying for healthy marriages was on the list of things to pray for issued by Pastor Jackson. I didn't want to waist anytime with praying for that and I will continue to do so throughout the fast. After all someone prayed for mines.


Noon hour prayer, I prayed for my Church, Wings of Love Ministries and our leadership. There is so much to say in the part but I won't. I will just wait and let you see God work on our behalf. There is much work to be done in the Kingdom and Lord will, Wings of Love Ministries will do over and beyond its part to bring souls into the body of Christ in a dynamic and excellent way.

Evening prayer, was for other Ministries that has impacted my life. No need to name the names but I wanted to intercede on the be half of other Ministries' visions, plans, and growth. I thank God for everyone woman & man of God that has step into the call of Pastoring, Shepherding, Church Planting , Preaching, Teaching or what have you, to advance the Kingdom of God. I  am lifting you all up in prayer for a mighty move of God in the body of Christ (not locally, but universally).

I feel great about this journey and the time that I am spending with God. My husband is a lil' retarded right now. I think he on spiritual overload and is full of joy. I wish yall could see how stupidly happy he is right. Im excited about where the Lord is going to take him when this is all over.

Oh and praise report: This may be TMI, but oh well its Praise Worthy. I wanted to be regular by the time the fast is over. Today, IM REGULAR. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facebook Badge